Covered in Love

One night while showing mom around the city. We saw several homeless people sleeping on the streets. Wanting to help them mom got the idea that maybe we could buy blankets and distribute them at night to the people on the streets. So the other day we bought ten blankets. Last night was our mission of mercy. We went to the market, one of the worst parts of the city at about 8:30 or 9 at night. It was incredible. In the picture is a drunk man passed out on the street. We covered him with a blanket and gave him a bag of fruit along with a gospel tract. It was so sad. We pulled up to one corner where there were about 12 to 15 people all living together on the street. I rolled down my window and starting handing out bags of fruit and tracts. They jumped at my window like wolves grabbing for the bags. It kinda scared me, I didn´t want to start a riot. One man even followed our car to the next intersection begging for something to eat. It was so pitiful. God protected us and we were able to pass out all the fruit, tracts and blankets.


4 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a great thing to do, but awfully scary....

Anonymous said...

to deb and family, my name is tammy davis, i am sheryl davis sister.i have been following your web site for awhile now and just wanted to tell you what wonderful people you are.i have truly enjoyed your pictures and stories and know you are truly blessed.god must be smiling down on you. it would be a great world if there were more people like you. you have my love and prayers. tammy davis

lizzie said...

You guys did such an awesome thing!! I would be so sad tho..
Keep up the good work!!

Phillip D said...

Super idea. I loved it. Keep up the great work.