Our First Sunday School Class



This past Sunday was a big day for us. We had our first Sunday School class. How exciting!! Our friends Carlos and his wife volunteered to come and help us with kids songs since we don´t know them yet. So we transformed our living room into a little class. We hauled in some blocks and boards to make benches. Hannah was ready with brownies, Joseph with a bunch of smiles and I had a story. We had ten children!! I told the story of Lazarus rising from the dead. I butchered their Spanish but God helped and they got the message. At the end I told the children that the Bible says if we have sin in our hearts we are dead just like Lazarus. But Jesus could forgive our sins and give us life. Just about every one of them prayed and invited Jesus into their hearts.

Next Sunday they are suppossed to bring their friends so I´m sure our little congregation is going to grow. Please pray for us and the children that God would reach their hearts and eventually their parents and families.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is wonderful that you got your Sunday School started. Now we go for "church". I'm happy for you.
Gram

Anonymous said...

When can I Come?

lizzie said...

that is so awesome! we all want to come for Sunday service!! Mom says she get to hold Joseph:)

The Donaheys said...

Keep up the good work. We are praying for you good folk. We love those benches, and to think our people complain when they sit on cushions too long.

Anonymous said...

This is great!

Kimberly said...

Hey! So happy that you had all those kids! Love you lots and think of you very often. Prayin for you, too....Love & Love

Jeanne said...

your benches have me scared to death. Did any of the fall?

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeanne of little faith...you will need more benches for next week...they will not fall!!!!

Mark Hoch said...

Looking Great !!!
(Jeanne, the benches were the first thing I saw too! The kids we pick up for S.S. would have those crashed before they even got up on them!)

Anonymous said...

Hello Eric,Hannah and Joseph. I was excited to hear how your first class went. We prayed for you in church on Sunday. I know that the Lord is going to continue to bless your ministry!!!
Love and Prayers!
Marie Plank

I love to read you blog when I remember. It is exciting to see what God is doing in other parts of the world. Congrats to Hannah for her fine cooking and making a ministry out of it.
Looking forward to hearing/seeing more of your ministry.

Aaron said...

Way to go. We're all proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I have sat in many Sunday schools just like this one growing up. (Haiti, Dominican Republic, Mexico} Keep up the good work! God bless! Becky Marshall

Anonymous said...

I have sat in many Sunday schools just like this one, while growing up as an missionary kid. (Haiti, Dominican Republic, Mexico} Keep up the good work! God bless! Becky Marshall

Anonymous said...

Could one of these be erased? becky

Jason said...

How amazing!