Faith Without Works....



The other morning I was reading the Bible for my devotions and I came across the passage that says faith without works is dead and it began to explain how we should not give honor to the rich and neglect the poor especially when they have a need and we just send them away when we are capable of helping them. Well, that whole passage really spoke to me that morning. It was powerful. Later that evening an event took place that put God´s word into action. We were sitting in the living room when all of a sudden a little boy started knocking on the door. Sergia ( the lady that we live with ) went and opened the door. This little boy ( in the white t-shirt ) had a little electronic game but he needed two AA batteries to play it. Nobody had any, so the little boy left. All of a sudden the passage that I had read this morning hit me like a brick wall. I thought, " it´s just batteries, it´s not like he is asking for food or clothes, surely this isn´t a big deal ". But the passage wouldn´t leave me and I felt convicted. So I went outside and found the little boy and took him to a nearby store and bought two AA batteries. Sure enough the little game worked, he smiled real big, his mother was standing there and she was so happy too. He thanked me and ran down the street playing his little game. I walked back to the house satisfied that I had done what God wanted me to do, and I just made somebody elses life much happier. That´s one of the greatest feelings in the world...the satisfaction of helping someone in need, even if it is two batteries.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

You never know what kind of impact those two batteries might have down the road. :)

lizzie said...

Wow! that is awesome! keep up the good work!

lizzie said...

May God richely bless you for your compassion and love that you showed!